Thursday, July 3, 2008

low-fat biscotti

Here is the low-fat biscotti recipe
TOTALLY AWESOME!

my friend used dried blueberries - I used chocolate chips

3 cups Flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped almonds toasted (I toasted mine at 350 for 10 minutes)
3/4-1 cup dried cherries (I used dried blueberries)
2TBS of melted butter (I used 3)
1tsp of almond extract
2 eggs
2 egg whites

Mix dry ingredients well, stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly about 8 times.

Shape dough about 16 inches long and 1 inch thick.

Bake at 350 for 20-30 min until golden brown (I just waited until it was slightly browned)

Cool 10 minutes and slice diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices and place cut side down onto cookies sheet and bake at 350 for 8 minutes until light golden brown (I sliced them thicker so it took about 12 min) The recipe said to turn them over and bake an extra 8 minutes, but I didn't want mine too dried out so I just took them out and let them cool on the baking stone until they cooled. If you like them really dry and crunchy then I bet you could cook them for 8 minutes on each side.

No comments: