Saturday, May 2, 2009

Apple Pear Pie

(made this last night and really enjoyed it with ice cream)
Ingredients
(I added in a dash of cinnamon to the filling)
1 pound pears canned or fresh sliced (depending on the size of pan I used about 4 pears)
5 large apples cortland (or other baking apple), sliced (depending on the size of pan I used about 4 apples... I actually didn't even peel them)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose

topping
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour, all-purpose
1 cup brown sugar
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup nuts chopped

Directions
Combine all ingredients and turn into an unbaked pie shell.

TOPPING: Combine and sprinkle over filling.

Bake 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until apples are soft.

Cool to room temperature and serve. (I especially love this pie served refrigerated.

Best if made the day before. It will cut beautifully.

No comments: