5 c. quick oats
5 c. powdered oats
1/3 c. powdered dry milk
1/3 c. sugar or honey powder
2 1/2 t. salt
Mix all together and put in a Tupperware or #10 can for later use.
**For different variations, add cinnamon and dehydrated apples or you can add dried fruit or other flavorings to make different types of oatmeal.
a heaping 1/2 c. is a serving, put into their bowl, add the milk, microwave, and breakfast will be served. Every few times you use this mixture, you will want to stir what is on the bottom to the top to make sure all of the powder, milk, salt, and sugar gets evenly distributed.
These vaiatiosn I found are for single serving size just increase if you want to make the whole batch that way….
1. Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal: To each packet add 1 Tbls sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbls finely minced dried apples (use scissors)
2. Sweetened Oatmeal: Add 1 Tbls sugar or 1 packet artificial sweetener
3. Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Oatmeal: Add 1 Tbls brown sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
4. Raisins & Spice Oatmeal: Add 1 Tbls brown sugar, 1 Tbls raisins and 1/8 tsp each allspice and cinnamon
5. Fruit & Cream Oatmeal: Add 1 Tbls non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 Tbls minced dried fruit (use scissors)
6. S'mores Oatmeal: Add 6 miniature marshmallows and 1 Tbls milk chocolate chips