5 cups oats
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup almonds (slivered or whole–I love whole!)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of each or any of the following: craisins, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds.
1. Turn oven on to 350. Place oats on one non-stick baking sheet (these work great) and toast for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except seeds and fruit.
3. When oats are done, pour into bowl and mix until oats are coated. Grease baking sheet if necessary and bake for 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
4. Allow to cool and add seeds and fruit. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
• Replace two cups oats with a mix of rolled grains
• Replace about 2 TBSP Honey with Molasses (just measure both in the same cup)
• Replace Flour with half wheat germ, oat bran, or ground flax, and half a mixture of various whole grain flours.