Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tortilla Soup (Vita Mixer)

Tortilla Soup
• 1 Whole Carrot
• 1 to 2 Stalk of Celery
• 2 Roma or 1 Large Tomato (I used canned diced last night)
• 1 Slice Onion (to taste)
• 1 Small Piece Yellow Squash
• 1 Wedge Green Cabbage (I added etxtra)
• 1 to 3 Slices or Bell Peppers (Red, Green, Orange)
• 1 to 3 Cloves of Garlic (to taste)
• 1 large “Pinch” of Cilantro
• 1 Slice of Jalapeno (size to taste) (I didn't have any left it out)
• 2 to 4 Cubes of Pepper Jack Cheese - (I used cheddar)
• 1 to 2 Table Spoons Mexican Spice (Blend it Up or something other with Cumin) (I just used taco seasoning)
• 3 Cups Hot Water
(I also added leftover mashed potatos in mine for a thickener

Mix up 5 min or so until steaming


* ½ to 1 cup Corn/Black Beans (pre-cooked) for Texture
* 1 Handful Tortilla Chips
Blend all ingredients on high speed (except Corn/Blackbeans and Chips) for 60 to 90 Seconds. Turn speed down to #2 Variable & Open lid (Soup should be “steaming”). Add Corn /Black Beans and let spin for 20 seconds. Pour soup and add tortilla chips. Enjoy!!
I may add cooked rice next time...

1 comment:

Maman Pélissié said...

Totally trying this tonight! Thanks!