Friday, October 1, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

I have seen these recipe multiple times all over the Internet.. wanted to try it... but I don't care for enchiladas nor green sauce... but so glad I took the risk! Loved it! I made a few changes you will see through out it...
6 Tbsp honey

5 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)  (I didn't use limes just the juice)

1 Tbsp chili powder  (I used less but some red pepper too)

1 tsp garlic powder

2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

8 – 10 flour tortillas (depending on size)

1 lb of a Mexican blend cheese (Monterrey jack, Colby, cheddar), shredded

1 large can of green enchilada sauce

(I also used 1 cup of sour cream and 2-3 cups of rice)

Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together with the shredded chicken. Allow it to sit for at least 1/2 hour or you could do it hours before and just cover and refrigerate.


Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Place chicken and cheese into middle of a tortilla and spoon about 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce over it and roll up. (I mixed a cup of sour cream w/ enchilada sauce to spoon in enchiladas and for the leftovers to put on top - I also mixed rice in with the chicken) Place seam down in the pan. Reserve about 1-2 cups of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of rolled enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.

No comments: