Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cinnamon Breakfast Bites


These turned out good - not great... but I`ll make them again - I got the recipe from Taste of Home- not my picture!


Cinnamon Breakfast Bites

(It says it makes 2 1/2 dozen - but I only get 18 I must have rolled my balls too big)
INGREDIENTS
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 dozen).

No comments: