Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spinach Salad with Honey Bacon Dressing

Loved this salad

8-10 servings

8 cups torn fresh spinach (I used one bundle)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (I used 2)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, shredded on large holes of grater
7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vinegar (I cut this in half)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I cut this in half)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Combine first 6 ingredients with 5 of the cooked, crumbled bacon strips in a large bowl (I also added carrots and cucumbers).
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil, mustard lemon juice and remaining 2 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon.
Pour over salad.
Serve immediately.

No comments: